Today I went for a job interview, it was a group interview, but the only group in interview was putting a group of us together before interviewing us individually.
The role was for a call support role at Telstra Bigpond, something I found out at the interview, so Telstra ain't so bad. Finding the place wasn't so hard either, 44 Market Street Sydney, I just kept walking in the right direction hoping something would pop up letting me know where 44 Market Street was, what popped up was a building with the words in block letters "44 Market St", I think I had come to the right place. I take the elevator to the top level (26) and find I'm the first one there, I got there 20 minutes early, which was good as it let me unwind. Another person soon came for the interview and introduced himself as the same name as mine (David for those who don't know, and for that shame on you!), he also looked quite familiar too, and soon enough I discovered that he went we went to the same church, so that was an awesome coincidence. It allowed me to know yet another person from our church that little bit better so that was a pleasant start to the day.
The whole interview involved an introduction, filling out of a form and a test with abstract mind questions and technical computer questions, both of which I feel I did well in. The biggest chunk of the interview involved role-play, where I play the help support guy and the interviewer plays a customer and I have to handle his inquiry over the phone. The sheet said I had to do it in 6 minutes, I ended up doing it in less that half that time, I just rushed through everything that needed to be asked and tried to sound as friendly as possible while doing it. After that I handed all my forms in and headed off to wander the city like old times, all alone before heading home.
I'll find out within the next two days if I got the job, and if I do that'll be quite a pleasant suprise (naturally), but more so because of the job role, that of being on the phones. I'm quite a monotonous person in the voice department if you've ever talked to me. The last time I did any sort of phone work was in year 10 for work experience, and I was told I sounded like a robot. Well hopefully, this robot has improved his voice in the last 7 years (woah, long) to not sound like a robot, and if I do sound like a robot, one of those futuristic ones with emotion, but not the emotion of pain because that would be cruel to make a robot that feels pain, but funny nonetheless....uh where was I? Oh yes, voice, I want to improve my voice range somehow, not necessarily to sing better, though that would be awesome, but to do voice acting, for personal use mainly, just another hybrid skill I would like to have.
But I digress, this job would be helpful, because of the money it brings in, and despite being based in North Ryde where transport will pose an obstacle initially its something I want, because I've been too lazy for too long. Next entry, the results! Look forward to it, same site, different time!
No comments:
Post a Comment