Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Rib's Fine

Two weeks later and my ribs are fine, after a week I actually forgot about it and no longer felt pain.
And since that's all I've really got to say I'll use this opportunity to update both you and I about whats happening.

My University timetable have been primarily night classes, meaning I've had to miss out on my training, so I've taken 2 months off from that to save myself money, and will get back to training in June. I'd like to gain more weight over the next year so that when I enter competitions I'll be in the heavier side of the weight range, and have a slight weight advantage, with my long leg advantage I still have to develop. I'm hoping to get my Blue belt this year, but that can only happen if I enter competitions and do well with them, unfortunately most (if not all) competitions run on a Sunday....

...Which brings me to my next update. I'm still looking for someone to help me with powerpoint work at church (Cabramatta Anglican Church), I've only had a handful of real breaks in the last....2-3 years? (2 in the 2008) One of which I've used to enter a BJJ competition, but this year alone I've already had to miss 4 competitions, with one on tomorrow which I won't be able to go to, but I wouldn't have gone anyway because I'm in no shape to take on anyone now.
So I've got to continue to pray for that, and open my eyes to the opportunities present.

I'm still doing children's ministry at CAC, which is wonderful, teaching kids about God and Jesus and see them grow in the knowledge and learning. I often wonder how long I'll be doing this for.

University life is fine, I've actually got a proper group of friends, something I didn't properly have in the last 3 years at UTS doing my IT degree. Uni work is fun, but tough and requires a lot of time. Next year is going to be trying whether I'll be taking a year to do my final project or 6 months, after which I'll have to start looking for work. Either way it's something I'm looking forward to.

Things are looking up, my rib's fine, I just have to remain positive, trust God and move forward, twirling and twirling!

No comments: